[compost_tea] Copper and CT

From: Chad <ChadClancy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 21:17:42 -0000

Matt writes:

>Yeah I always thought copper was a no no for brewing compost tea. You
>say you put it in for trace benefits? How do you teas turn out,
>good - bad -untested?

I don't think there's a lot more than a trace of copper being leached
out into the tea as the copper has a pretty heavy oxide layer. The
ph of the tea mustn't be that acidic.

I just brew 5-gal batches for my home garden and I haven't had lab
tests done on my tea but I can say that they foam up nicely, smells
good and my garden is going gangbusters since I've started applying
tea and feeding my soil.

I'll try leaving the copper out for a few times and see if it seems
to make a difference. Perhaps I'm not getting as many beneficial
fungi as I should be.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM