[compost_tea] Re: Pressure & critters - pooling testing

From: chriscreid <reidchris_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 13:56:50 -0000

Mike Bosko said:

> Seems like a costly test for the individual user, but one that is
important to all involved in AACT. This may be another place for us
to donate to the ICTC so that we could, as a group, accomplish such
tests? We could kick in some small monetary value each run such
tests to find the best spray > nozzles, spray methods, etc??

I've been thinking about this -- there would be many benefits to
coming up with a testing agenda and kicking in to have certain tests
done as a group, either via ICTC or self-designated groups from
within this list or c) other.

The other thing that we could do is pool information we have gained
through testing. For example, if everyone who has done a
before/after spraying test would share their data (spray nozzle
used, #pounds pressure, type of sprayer, any other pertinent data),
the possibility of offering others within the group the chance to
work with tested successful equipment and pressures.

Now, people who have paid for their tests may not want to just offer
up the info they paid for to the whole world, including people who
have not. This is an individual decision. So it is also possible
for those who do not want to give away their data to agree to
compare notes and share data with those who have something to share
back.

If there is a finite set of techniques that keep on being tested and
replicated by others, there is still room for lots of pioneering,
but we start to get a set of data associated with the same specific
equipment/techniquews over and over again and can have some
confidence that we're on the right track.

Individuals will still want to test to make sure that what they're
doing works. But it could speed up the time it takes to establish
one's skills in AACT brewing and application, because of eliminating
some of the trial and error.

Others who have been doing this for much longer will have pertinent
comments and perspective, I'm sure, and I welcome hearing them.
Chris Reid

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM