Re: [compost_tea] Baby Oatmeal

From: Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 09:47:25 -0800

<<Would basic rolled oats be suitable or is there some additive in the proc=
essing of Baby Oats that has the effect on fungi?>>

I am sorry. I keep referring to Gerber's Baby Oatmeal, a baby food found i=
n the baby items aisle of the supermarket!

However, a good substitute for use is oat bran, at least when I activate Al=
aska Humus.

People might thing about testing their own compost using wheat germ, oat ge=
rm, ground oats...to see what works best at activating the fungi in that pa=
rticular compost....So far, Gerber's Baby Oatmeal works best!

Cheers,

jeff