Re: [compost_tea] New Member In Oklahoma

From: Steve Bridges <kimas_at_texasgrown.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 08:28:58 -0500

Hi Ms. Dede,
Are you familiar with the rotational grazing approach of foriage management
described by Holistic Resource Management (HRM)? HRM at it's most basic is a
decision-making framework, used in all aspects of life, though first used in
ranch management. In grazing, cattle are moved through a system of small
paddocks, mimicing how the buffalo might have moved over the original
grassland prairies. I know of two ranchers using AACT in their grassland
management here in Texas, but don't have any personal or observed anecdotes
about it,,,,yet! You would do well to get together with some HRM folks at
some of the events listed below, with several coming up soon up in your neck
of the woods.

http://www.holisticmanagement.org/ Main HRM website
http://www.holisticmanagement.org/ahm_graze.cfm grazing issues
http://artemis.austincollege.edu/acad/envstud/EnvStudies/lecture.htm North
Texas Land Stewardship Lecture Series. Fall lectures by HRM in Sherman, TX
on the TX/OK border.
http://www.hrm-texas.org/ I could not find an HRM organization in Oklahoma,
but Texas has a very active chapter. To learn about Rendezvous 2003,a three
day event in North Texas in September, see
http://www.hrm-texas.org/main_pages/calendar.html#sept03

There is a ranching lady, Betsy Ross in Central Texas, that is using AACT on
her HRM managed land. Apparently with great success! She will be speaking
about AACT and how it has helped on her ranch at a conference to be held at
Weslaco, TX (the valley) on January 21-23, 2004. The conference details are
still being worked out. If you would like more information about this event,
please contact me directly.

Steve Bridges