Re: [compost_tea] Aerobically Fermented CT

From: rlbct <rlbct_at_clear.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 11:48:16 +1200

My take on anaerobic ct ( also act !;)
it is alive, just not necessarly aerobic;
it depends on whether the organisms are benficial or pathogenic as to
whether the results would be good;
I'm completely guessing, but is it possible that much of it could be
ambidextrous ( I mean 'facultive aerobes'?): this latter would explain how
an anaerobic ct could be beneficial as a foliar spray in particular. I'm
also guessing that if you spray leaves with true anaerobes that they will
die or go inactive due to the O2 environment.

Related to this subject, I am wondering what status the bio-dynamic
preparations have - o2 wise.

I hope someone can clear up the murky water...
Lynton