RE: [compost_tea] Weeds

From: Mike Bosko <mjbosko_at_jmtsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 09:09:11 -0700

Although this might not be the list to post such matter – I am told – I’m
going to lay this out and let it be for now:

Ken responded as follows:
I am currently developing a website called upickers.com to support the small
farmer and the marketing of their produce (selling direct to the public). If
there is enough interest, I can start on a weeds site as well. I do have a
background (formal career) and degree in Range Management (as well as
Computer Science) and know quite a bit about noxious weeds and the
traditional (chemical and biological) treatments. And as you know, I also
collect native plant seeds for native plant nurseries and reclamation
companies. So I do have a strong background in botany. There is alot of
information on the internet from the various Universities, County extensions
and such on weeds, organic, composting, etc. But nothing on practical
applications for particular areas or regions, particular methods, and such.
"Theoretically" soil types, local environmental conditions, etc might come
into play in the success or failure of traditional recommended control of
weeds. So a web site with local information I think would be appropriate -
as well as folks just having a place to find someone in their own
communities. But there would have to be some interest in such a website and
I would need to find someway to fund the site. Will see about putting a
database out on the web later this summer just to see what the interest
might be.

I will join the list later on this week, gotta get over to one of my client
nurseries today. Will be stopping by to drop off the microscope.

Ken Boettger
Ellensburg, WA
Web Development, Database and Online Application Programming
Information Technology providing aid to the small farmer.
"Lets organize and put some real power and leverage behind the small farmers
of America!"
eburg700_at_elltel.net <mailto:eburg700_at_elltel.net>

JMT SYSTEMS CONSULTING
http://www.jmtsystems.com
info_at_jmtsystems.com / 509 968-9015