RE: [compost_tea] mollasses' substitute

From: John Cowan <vivax_at_northlink.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:14:30 -0700

I, too, have been thinking about a sweet alternative instead of molasses.
How about soft wheat or barley, sprouted slightly, then wet ground (could
use a blender and water), then added to the beginning of tea brewing (think
beer mash). This could be an "organic" alternative to commercial BS
molasses. Of course, does not have the same humic substances or minerals. It
would have a fair amount of protein. I figure 2 lbs of dry grain would have
the same carbohydrate content as 16 fluid oz molasses (1.5 lbs).

John Cowan