Re: [compost_tea] Re: no-till farming

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 21:25:30 -0700 (PDT)

Somewhere on the web I read of research that reported foliar fertilizer was 8 to 12 times more efficient that soil - root fertilizers.

If you use Dr E's example of 5% of the normal fertiizers are required when compost and ACT are used then multiply that by say 6 time the efficiency just math says foliar would need 1% of the fertilizers normally suggested by Monsanto etc..

Please don't plant a 1000 acres based on tha SWAG. But you might do well to carry on the research yourself, trying to approach thot as a goal but proving it on small test areas of your larger fields. Then your report to us - OK ? Bob

dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
--- How about adding micros(nutrients) with foliar ACT if necessary
and macros by injection? I'm thinking the first year the ACT will
have to be foliar fed many times. Then I'll need an injector which
doesn't upset soil foodweb. Dennis

In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "J Peter Young" <peter_at_b...> wrote:
> ACT alone contain very, very little nutrients. If you add enough to
make a
> difference - then it's fertilizer.
>
> Peter

Compost would
> certainly be useful if possible.
>
> J Peter Young <peter_at_b...> wrote:
>
> And the ACT will not replace the nutrients removed from the field
with the
> corn. You're going to have to put some compost down as well.
>
> Peter

happens. If you
> start in the spring it will be too late. It takes some time for the
> microbes to take over the job again that they once did before you
started
> doing it for them. Probably need far more than 20 G/A to make the
> re-conversion.back to microbe farming. .Of course the little
guys need
> water to work.. .
>
> dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_y...> wrote:
>
> Would it be possible to grow corn profitably in the midwest using
no
> till,ie no discing/plowing/ripping, no pesticides, no herbicides,
no
> added NPK fertilizers while using ACT appropriately(as necessary?)?
> Assume you have plenty of water.
>

> I'd expect it grown in rows so it can be harvested mechanically.
> Dennis

> compost_tea-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

> compost_tea-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

> compost_tea-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3551198.4824677.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17
074186
> 12:HM/A=1704239/R=0/SIG=11o99mg4u/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?
code=3051
> 8&media=blank> click here
>
> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=194081.3551198.4824677.1261774/D=egroupmai
> l/S=:HM/A=1704239/rand=402345025>

> compost_tea-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT