RE: [compost_tea] excessive foaming

From: Ryan, Matthew <matthew.ryan_at_rodaleinst.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:40:58 -0400

Dave,

Don't put the yucca in the brewer! It will foam like crazy, 2-3 feet of
foam in your barn or brewing area. We use it in the spray tank and add
it as we are filling - no problematic foam.

If you want to control foam use a vegetable oil such as organic corn or
soybean oil (no GMO's) or regular peanut oil. However veggie oli will
NOT control foam from yucca added to the brewer, just other foam.

Good luck, Matt