[compost_tea] compost tea (testing at home)

From: pshoe4u <pmaker_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 01:16:04 -0000

HI,

I am working on a design for a compost tea brewer and want to integrate
some method to show when the tea is done. I have looked at combo meters
(Temp, PH, TDS, EC) but they are pretty expensive. I plan on including a
digial thermometer by default to monitor tea temperature.

My question is which 3 of the 3 (PH, TDS & EC) are the most important when
determining that the tea is done? My guess is that some combination of EC &
TDS will indicate an increase in microbal populations. Come to think of it
CO2 might also be important to test for.

TIA

Paul

Paul Shoemaker
Activacres, Newton MA
Organic Lawn and Garden Care
NOFA Accredited Organic Land Care Professional

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/0PSxlB/TM