Re: [compost_tea] Re: Filtering ACT

From: David Loring <dloring3_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:14:46 -0700

Alex - Maybe there are paint filters with different size holes? I can filt=
er five gallons about as quickly as it comes out of my 50 gal tank, maybe 3=
0 seconds. I put the 5 gal pail below the brewer outlet valve and hold the=
 filter bag so the stream of tea passes through it. A little shaking is ne=
eded sometimes to keep the materials moving to the bottom of the bag. I do=
n't substitute anything for molasses, just use less of it. I've had good S=
FI numbers using 2oz. molasses in 25 gals of tea starting with a few pounds=
 of vermicompost.
Dave