[compost_tea] RE: Re: Tea Machine Challenge

From: Kirk Leonard <kirk_at_oregonatural.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:16:25 -0700

Mike, Jeff, Tom, Bill -- I agree with Jeff that a comparison like Mike and I
have imagined might be best done via ICTC. T'would not be cheap to do, and
being a bunch of very independent folks, I think this listserve might not be
able to organize itself out of the proverbial wet paper bag...:-)

Recent ICTC conference would've been a great opportunity for such a test -
hindsight is great, huh? I wonder how many more makers might have shown up,
or not? Would other CTIA people be there? For any such efforts, I'd also
like to see it open to anyone who pre-registers, brings/manages a machine,
and pays their own way. I think it would be a lot of fun, and a great
complement to an ICTC conference. Leon might have to recuse himself,
though, as entertaining as he can be...

Bill's point about being stuck with liquid manure and leachates but for
commercial ACT efforts needs a little amplification: Doc E's years of work
has spawned this new organic industry, eh? Not to mention the best organic
practice since compost (and stirred teas), imo. Hey - Doc Brinton, where
have you been? I see you're now testing compost tea? What say ye, here,
and what are you now telling USDA? (I'd note that Ms Bess has been
promoting CT, too.:-)

Mike, I'm on CT digest version, so I didn't see your suggestions until this
AM, really, no stealing intended. What can I say? Must be great minds
think
alike?:)

> I too have seen some stunning if not unbelievable results...
> wanting to see this technology grow... attitude is really
> born out of my drive to see ACT a mainstream
> horticulture and agricultural success.
Me too, Tom. No apologies accepted. It is exciting to me to be among the
first 400 or so souls who are making this technology happen, and your
contributions are at the top of my list... keep up the attitude!

Imo, those who oversell eventually get ignored. In the instance of SoilSoup
types, who are outright lying in the marketplace, I trust they will
eventually disappear.

Now we gotta get the bureaucratic blockheads at USDA/NOP* to come along.
What have you asked them or your Congressperson (especially those in the
organic caucus) lately?

Kirk L

* Sorry to be so parochial with world-wide folks, but this damnable struggle
with USDA has world-wide implications, I think. Even OZ gov is close to
mimicking USDA raw manure-head regulatory crap, it seems.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/0PSxlB/TM