Re: [compost_tea] Grape harvest considerations

From: Mike Harvey <mharvey_at_westnet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 11:34:32 +0800

Grape harvest considerationsMathew,
In my experience one of the major negatives to spraying right up to harves=
t is the residue form the CT may discolour the grapes. This can be avoided =
by using less Humic acid and perhaps fulvic instead (thus less brown residu=
e). Also if using fish in the CT and it is not completely used up this may =
taint fruit. So it depends on how much "stuff" is in the AACT.
>From what I understand the microbes are not a problem and we confirmed thi=
s spraying about 2 weeks prior to harvest last year.
Regards Mike Harvey B.Hort.Sci.
New Life Soils
www.composttea.com.au