Re: [compost_tea] ACT and crop rotation

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 11:24:30 -0700 (PDT)

Your galvanized steel rain gutters are shrivelling? Wow THATS DRY! But with ACT your Febuary peas are still producing! Wow THATS SOIL FOOD WEB at work!

About rotation - I bet on the ACT. We have been adding kichen scraps and a few wood chips to our compost - some removed each year - for 20 years and always grow tomatoes and squash and volunteer sunflowers right in the pile. Gets ACT about 5 times a year. Never see a disease. Tomatoes galore. Sun is vital. We have too many trees. A bit short on sun. Bob

irene bensinger <irene_at_trilliumwoods.com> wrote:
I've been wondering if ACT can obviate the need to rotate plantings
in a home garden.

We live at 1400 feet (cool nights) and there are only a few spots in
the garden that receive and maintain enough heat to ripen tomatoes.
It would be wonderful to have a permanent home for the tomatoes in
one of those 'heat sinks' -- if I can count on ACT to keep the soil
healthy. Anyone have any experience along those lines?

irene in western WA where it's so dry the rain gutters are shriveling...

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor