Re: [compost_tea] withholding period

From: <creatgardn_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:35:13 EDT

Hello Clayton and welcome to the group. I have been applying compost tea for
over 5 years now and I do like Bob N. said "eat the fruit while it's still
wet." I have never had a problem. That's the beauty of CT Just make sure if there
is any animal waste (manure) used in the making of your compost -- that it
has been fully composted. That way no chance of human pathogens. Best bet is to
use verma compost, Alaska humas or a good compost from a reliable source that
has no manure in it for brewing compost tea. If you are concerned just wash
the fruit or vegetables well before you eat them.

Seaneen Hummel
Director of Compost Tea Spraying services - Creative Gardens, Inc.
Cofounder & VP, International Compost Tea Council <A HREF="www.intlctc.org">www.intlctc.org</A>