Re: [compost_tea] Testing tea has to be done properly.....

From: ray gore <xrg22000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:09:47 -0700 (PDT)

Jeff-
My thoughts exactly. If you take the bottom samples as
is being recommended to some lately, what is the rest
of the tea good for? This is a question I was going to
ask SFI. What is the weight of fungus inside a tea
brew? Dont they float or stay suspended in water? If
not then we all are not getting the max potential of
tea. Is a recirculator mandatory for tea transport
machines. If so then back to the drawing boards.RayG
--- Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com> wrote:
> Folks, how are you taking samples for
> testing??????Some folks are having trouble
> duplicating results using the same stuff.....
>
> The correct way is to get a REPRESENTATIVE tea
> sample. You need to keep the machine going, take
> five or so small samples and that is what gets
> tested. If you are decanting the tea and taking
> samples from the solids in the bottom, that is
> 'cheating' and gives unrepresentational higher
> fungal numbers.....this is not the way to go.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeff

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Buy quality ink cartridges & refill kit. Remanufactured & Refills for:
HP $8-20, Epson $3-9, Canon $5-15. FREE shipping over $50 (US & Canada).
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=6347
http://us.click.yahoo.com/lB7L3D/k5uGAA/qnsNAA/0PSxlB/TM