Re: [compost_tea] Re: Testing tea has to be done properly.....

From: <pdsachs_at_localnet.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 20:36:59 -0400 (EDT)

Dennis,

If you go to http://www.norganics.com/tests.html look at the two test
results for 5/16/03. The first was taken at the end of the brew cycle and
put in the refrigerator until Fed Ex came to pickup. The second sample
(from the same batch) was left aerating for four hours after the first
sample was drawn. I didn't see a significant difference.
Paul Sachs

> ---Great topic Jeff. I was wanting to ask some of these questions.
>
> Maybe you need duplicates??????? Does anyone cool smpls before
> shipment( like until shipment to SFI)?&nbsp; The dairy industry stores
> micro (raw milk)samples on ice enroute to lab and micro samples must
> be plated(tested) not later than 36 hours after collection......Of
> course they have their way of doing things!!!!
> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Has anyone taken samples before and after
> filters and/or nozzle tips to determine effect of filters and tips?
> Dennis from the crusty old food lab
>

> In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, &quot;Jeff Lowenfels&quot;
> &lt;jeff_at_g...&gt; wrote: &gt; Folks, how are you taking samples for
> testing??????Some folks are&nbsp; having trouble duplicating results
> using the same stuff.....
> &gt;
> &gt; The correct way is to get a REPRESENTATIVE tea&nbsp; sample. You
> need to keep the machine going,&nbsp; take five or so small samples
> and that is what gets tested.&nbsp; If you are decanting the tea and
> taking samples from the solids in the bottom, that is 'cheating' and
> gives
> unrepresentational higher fungal numbers.....this is not the way to
> go.
> &gt;
> &gt; Cheers,
> &gt;
> &gt; Jeff
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> compost_tea-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

Buy Remanufactured Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits at MyInks.com for: HP $8-20. Epson $3-9, Canon $5-15, Lexmark $4-17. Free s/h over $50 (US & Canada).
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=6351
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0zJuRD/6CvGAA/qnsNAA/0PSxlB/TM