Re: [compost_tea] compost tea and biodynamics

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:10:11 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Dr Elaine for setting out some test data on the flow forms and stirring ideas. Pretty as those system might be when O2 is essential they don't provide it. Bob

soilfoodweb_at_aol.com wrote:I have some data done with Steve Capeness in Australia, on the flow form. Each flow form "step" increased oxygen by 0.5 mg/L. This was not enough to keep up with the growth of the microbes in the compost. Too much food added?

Different CT machines can keep ahead of the oxygen demand from the microbes.

Some CT machines do not manage to do that. Stirring is impossible to keep up, UNLESS YOU DON'T ADD any food. And even then, with some composts, there will be too much good bacterial food in the compost to have stirring keep the tea aerobic.

Lots of things to keep track of!

Elaine
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
www.soilfoodweb.com
SFI Oregon, USA
SFI Australia
SFI New York
SFI Europe
SFI New Zealand

"Hope is not a feeling. It is not the belief that things will turn out well, but the conviction that what we are doing makes sense, no matter how things turn out." -- Vaclav Havel, former President of the Czech Republic

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT