[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Trees and soil moisture

VC>Internet: Valerie@stuart.ak.planet.co.nz

VC>Can anyone give any information on the effect of planting trees and
VC>soil moisture content/conservation. I am thinking particularly of
VC>shelter belts on farms and various farm forestry situations. As I
VC>don't have on-line facilities e-mail sources or directly reported
VC>research findings would be very greatly appreciated.

Hi Valerie
I do not understand your last sentence valerie. Howerver just comment,
trees especially Eucalypts suck the moisture out of the ground and one
or two farmers I Know of are not going to plant them again. I am in mid
Canterbury which if you do not have irrigation moisture can be a
problem.

Regards  Stuart
---
 þ SLMR 2.1a þ Is the truth out there or in here?