[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Lewis Cattle Oiler

>So the question is, what do we as a group/community do about this kind of
>thing? After all, they say that in the information age 'info is money' and
>while we may be sharing our information in the best spirit of mutual
>support, there are parasitical people amongst us who are NOT sharing in the
>same spirit.... and are yet trying to make a buck off what we give them...
>I for one am not into supporting more exploitation.

This is a tough one, Beth.  Having worked as a consultant I can vouch that
it's very rough out there and nobody wants to pay. You start to get real
whacky about money which is why I quit trying to do it full time and went
back to a low paid but steady research job, with extras when we can get
funding.  On the other hand, almost everyone on Sanet works in things related
to agriculture and, as you point out, some very useful stuff comes over,
which is often very helpful in our work. So we use it to "make money" too, in
a way.  Frankly, I would prefer to get an occasional "Lewis Cattle Oiler" ad
than risk restricting information flow on Sanet!

Ronald Nigh
Dana Association
Mexico