[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The value of farming

In article <7685746QAA@csc.liv.ac.uk>, laurence@csc.liv.ac.uk wrote:

> It looks as if you chaps are living in the past.  In this modern era
> of supermarkets, are farms really necessary?  Think of all the land
> they waste that could be used to build homes for the homeless, etc.

There is a connection between agriculture and homelessness and
unemployment. In the United States it's called the "Corporate Farm".
Industrial farming has displaced hundreds of thousands of people. The
decline of the factory economy accounts for even more.

Most of the city people I know would starve in the country.

Robert

Follow-Ups: References: