                             ***
                   Pesticide Action Network
                        North America
                       Updates Service
                 http://www.panna.org/panna/
            =====================================

Resource Pointer #107

December 10, 1996

For copies of the following resources, please contact
the appropriate publishers or organizations directly.
                         ***

-- Conferences/Seminars --

*Sustainable Agriculture in Cuba, February 20-28, 1997.*
Food First and Global Exchange. Study seminar will
travel to Cuba and teach participants about Cuba's
national conversion to organic agriculture. Trip will
include visits to University of Havana Agricultural
School, urban gardens, farmers markets, agricultural
cooperatives and several crop and animal production
sites. US$1,300 includes airfare from Mexico, visa fees,
accomodations, transportation in Cuba, breakfasts and
dinners, program fee, translation and reading materials.
Application plus US$200 deposit due January 15, 1997.
Reality Tour Program, Global Exchange, 2017 Mission
Street, #303, San Francisco, CA 94110; phone (415) 255-
7296; fax (415) 255-7498; email globalexch@igc.org.

*Counting the Cost of Industrial Agriculture: The 10th
National Conference on Organic Food Production, January
3-5, 1997.* The Soil Association (UK). Conference will
emphasize issues related to organic agriculture and
costs of conventional agriculture in Britain, including
BSE (Mad Cow Disease), organophosphate pesticides,
consumer demand for organic food and animal welfare.
Sessions will include discussions of agriculture policy,
conversion incentives, producing organic livestock,
energy use on organic farms and international issues.
Contact The Soil Association for price information. The
Cirencester Conference Organizers, The Soil Association,
86 Colston Street, Bristol BS1 5BB, England; phone (44
117) 929-0661; fax (44 117) 925-2504; email
soilassoc@gn.apc.org.

-- Directories --

*Consultative Group on International Agricultural
Research (CGIAR) Trustee Directory, 1996.* CGIAR
Secretariat. Provides names, titles and contact
information for board members of CGIAR centers. Includes
information about professional backgrounds and
nationalities of board members and includes list of
women board members. 128 pp. CGIAR Secretariat, 1818 H
Street, NW, Washington, DC 20433; phone (202) 473-8913;
fax (202) 473-8110; http://www.cgiar.org.

*Global Pesticides Directory, 1995.* Suchak's
Consultancy Services. Provides information about
pesticide production, sales and regulation worldwide.
Includes contact information for pesticide producers and
regulatory agencies; lists pesticides used in each of
many countries; and describes pesticide registration
processes for many countries. Focuses on presenting
information about world pesticide market to Indian
agrochemical producers. 460 pp. Suchak's Consultancy
Services, 52, Utkarsh, J.A. Raul Road, Prabhadevi,
Bombay 400 025, India; phone (91 22) 437-4198; fax (91
22) 436-0755.

*Carroll's Environmental Directory, 1995.* Neda Zawahri,
ed. Provides contact information for range of
environmental organizations, businesses and government
agencies in the U.S., including large listing of
environmental officers at industrial corporations such
as chemical, food processing and agricultural companies.
Includes list of information clearinghouses and
databases. 884 pp. US$185. Carroll Publishing, 1058
Thomas Jefferson Street, NW, Washington, DC 20007; phone
toll free (800) 336-4240 or (202) 333-8620; fax (202)
337-7020.

We encourage those interested in having resources listed
in the Online Resource Pointer to send review copies of
publications, videos or other sources to our office
(address listed below) or to contact Information Program
Associates Adam Kirshner or Gina Schilling for further
information.