[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

International Communicators in Ag Network ("I Can") e-mail discussion group update

(Editor's Note: Ag communicators please feel free to use this update in
any print newsletters the organizations you belong to may publish. Also,
please feel free to forward this message to other ag communicators you
know have Internet e-mail access and may wish to join "I Can.")

"I Can" E-mail Discussion Group Update

"I Can" -- the International Communicators in Ag Network message group
has grown to more than 200 worldwide participants from 15 countries. This
growth has taken place in the year since Warren E. Clark, president of
Clark Consulting International, Inc., West Dundee, Ill., founded the
group. The Ag Communicators in Education (ACE) provide the computer
support for maintaining the list through a contract with Purdue
University. Clark serves as an informal on-line host, stimulating e-mail
discussion among participants.

"I Can" subscribers include members of the International Federation of
Agricultural Journalists (IFAJ), American Agricultural Editors
Association (AAEA), National Association of Agricultural Journalists
(NAAJ), National Association of Farm Broadcasters (NAFB), Ag
Communicators in Education (ACE), National Agri Marketing Association
(NAMA) and the Ag Communicators of Tomorrow (ACT).

New in 1996 is the addition of monthly discussion topics, though any
message of interest to ag communicators is welcome at any time. The value
of internships was discussed in February.  "I Can" subscribers requested
a periodic update on job openings, freelance assignment opportunities and
internships available be issued. Ag communicators with contributions may
send them to Clark via e-mail at: ag-pr@agpr.com. Those without Internet
e-mail connections may still have this type of material posted by faxing
it to Clark at +1-847-836-5140.

Ag communicators who would like to subscribe (free) to "I Can" may do so
by following the instructions listed below.

To sign up for a free subscription to get each "I Can" message instantly
send your request to:
almanac@ecn.purdue.edu
In the text of the message type:
subscribe ican_mg

If you wish to receive the "I Can" Weekly Digest (one message a week sent
on Wednesday, noon, CST) send your e-mail to:
almanac@ecn.purdue.edu
In the text of the message type:
subscribe ican_digest_mg

Unsubscribing is as easy as sending a message to:
almanac@ecn.purdue.edu
In the text of the message type:
unsubscribe ican_mg, or unsubscribe ican_digest_mg, depending upon which
version of "I Can" you subscribed to.

It's possible to send an e-mail to all "I Can" subscribers at the
following address:
ican_mg@ecn.purdue.edu

As National Agriculture Day (March 20) will be celebrated in the US, the
"I Can" discussion topic for March will be successful programs to
increase urban-rural understanding.

Ag communicators who have further questions about "I Can" may contact
Clark by phone at +1-847-836-5100, fax at +1-847-836-5140, or e-mail at
ag-pr@agpr.com.

 "I Can" subscription instructions may also be found at "The Gateway to
AgInfo on the Internet" web site at:
http://www.agpr.com/consulting/.

-end-