[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Southern Gardening List

In article <3p5sno$bfq@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, admstyping@aol.com says...

>Hi.
>
>Does anyone know of a southern gardening mail list?  If you do, please
>respond to my e-mail at admstyping@aol.com.
>
>Thank you, Lydia

Hello Lydia,
  A group of gardeners, many from Texas, met here on the Internet a few
months ago and started a little group.  It has been focused mostly
on gardening in the Texas climes during that time; however, we certainly
encourage participation from anyone, and would welcome any new member to the
group no matter where you hail from (oops, that's a dirty word here in
Dallas at the moment!).  After our little group formed we found a list
server that was idle and got permission to use it:  RES-GARD.  Please feel
free to come join us!
  To join the listserver, send a mail message to LISTSERV@TAMVM1.TAMU.EDU
with message text as follows:  SUBSCRIBE RES-GARD <your name>
Once you have subscribed, you will receive a confirmation that you have
been added to the list.  To send messages to the list members, you will use
the address RES-GARD@TAMVM1.TAMU.EDU.  That's all there is to it!

The more the merrier...we welcome all!
Joan

in north Dallas, TX, where my magnolia has started to bloom (to die for --
gorgeous!), my lilies are blooming in several brilliant colors, I have
strawberry plants so big they're ready to burst out of their beds (and
runners galore!), hollyhocks shooting upwards daily, lettuce in full swing,
and tomatoes and peppers fixin' to bring forth their bounty...I'm so
excited...this is my first garden!