[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Virtual U: Inet/Web Classes

     CLASSES OFFERED ON VIRTUAL CAMPUS

>From Fibrom.

--SM
=====
Date:     Fri, 29 Dec 1995 17:00:01 -0600
From: Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV@vmd.cso.uiuc.edu>
Subject:  FIBROM-L Digest - 28 Dec 1995 to 29 Dec 1995
To: Recipients of FIBROM-L digests <FIBROM-L@vmd.cso.uiuc.edu>

=====
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 1995 13:16:06 -0800
From: Spectrum Universal <Spectrum@pacificnet.net>
To: World Horizons Network <Campus@Horizons.Org>
Subject: Free Winter Classes Announced On Virtual Campus

           FREE CLASSES GIVE A BREATH OF FRESH AIR
                 ON THE INFORMATION HIGHWAY

   Spectrum Virtual University is now accepting enrollments for
the Winter 1995-96 term.  Our new catalog includes more than 20
classes.  Most of these "virtual classes" are new and are being
taught online for the first time.

   Courses will include a repeat of "Exploring The Internet,"
which attracted 40,000 people from 120 countries this Fall,
a beginner's course on the World Wide Web and how to design a
home page, two creative writing workshops, a popular course on
Nonviolence that has been taught at UC Berkeley for more than
25 years, a history course on war-torn Bosnia, and a class on
Tarot card reading.

   Winter classes will be FREE OF CHARGE to the public, thanks
to the good will of volunteer instructors and the generosity of
Quarterdeck Corporation of Marina del Rey, CA who is sponsoring
the Winter term.  Internet Business Unit Ambassador-at-Large Ron
Brown explained that Quarterdeck is committed to expanding and
enhancing the Internet to provide free and low-cost educational
opportunities worldwide.  The company publishes cutting edge
software products such as "Web Compass," "Internet Suite," and
"WebTalk," which allows users to talk live over the Internet.

   Winter classes begin January 29th and run 8-10 weeks through
mid-April.  To obtain a Class Calendar and enrollment details,
send e-mail to Calendar@Horizons.Org - or enroll for classes
instantly by visiting our virtual campus on the World Wide Web:
<http://horizons.org/campus/>

  NOTE: Please distribute this announcement to friends and co-
  workers who are interested in our free online classes. This
  notice may be freely posted on local bulletin boards, news-
  groups, or reprinted in newsletters and other publications.

SPECTRUM Virtual University                       Spectrum@Horizons.Org
<http://horizons.org/campus/>                        FAX (818) 834-8221