[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

no subject (file transmission)

From: fletcher@prairienet.org (Karen Fletcher)
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Subject: Re: Todays NPR story. List of catalogs?
Date: 5 Mar 1995 11:17:51 GMT

Steve Klarer (klarer@shore.net) wrote:
: On NPR this morning (Sat. 4 March) Quetzal Levine was talking about garden
: related stuff on the net. She mentioned, among others, a list of some 700
: catalogs with reviews compiled by Cindy Johns(t?)on but if there was a
: clear pointer to it I missed it.

: Although I'm not a gardner myself my SO is and is starting to do some
: consulting with people who are planning, or reviving gardens. I'm sure
: this would be a valuable resource.... if I knew where to find it.

: We might also become a more-than-one-net-user-family!
: Thanks.
: Steve

Various catalog info resources on the net:

Cyndi's List (700, alphabetical) via WWW:
	http://www.cog.brown.edu:80/gardening/cat.html
  Also available via ftp from: jam.cog.brown.edu  pub/gardening

*SOURCES* index (180, by topic) via WWW (at The Garden Gate):
	http://www.prairienet.org/ag/garden/sources.htm

GardenNet via WWW (alphabetical, can order some online)
	http://www.olympus.net/gardens/gcat1.htm

But better than all the net put together is:

Gardening by Mail, by Barbara J. Barton.
	Houghton-Mifflin: New York, 1994.  $18.95.
		This outstanding resource is a directory of
	mail-order resources for gardeners in the United States and Canada,
	and includes seed companies, nurseries, suppliers of all garden
	necessaries and ornaments, horticultural and plant societies,
	magazines, libraries, and a list of useful books on plants
	and gardening.

--
Karen Fletcher                                     fletcher@prairienet.org
The Garden Gate            http://www.prairienet.org/ag/garden/homepage.htm