[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: best herb for diarrhea?

>my wife has an illness that requires her to take a drug. This drug has
>diarrhea as a side-effect. Anyone have any ideas on a good herb to stop
>that side-effect??

Difficult to treat, for sure.  You might purchase PLAIN, dried Turmeric!  The
capsules in the health food, store, that I have seen are usually mixed with
something else.  In the past, that mixed with a little mayo, horseradish,
etc., and spread on a radish, a crisp cracker, etc. (about 1/4 tsp MAX!) has
really done the trick.

However, I would also see if her medication can be "lowered" at all, perhaps
she is getting a toxic reaction, that starts with diarreahea, but that would
have to be checked out.  Don't disregard that, though, because that might be
the case...or might not!
MLK

Marsha and David King
mdking@primenet.com