[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

St. John's Wort questions

I have read quite a few articles about the anti-depressive effectives of St.
John's Wort, so I have decided to give it a try.  I have a few questions and
I would appreciate some guidance from those of you who have used it.

1. What is the recommended dosage?

2. Is there any significant difference between taking it in powder form in
capsules rather than as a tincture?

3. How long does it take for the effects to be noticed?

4. Are there any side effects? (I know about increased photosensitivity.)

5. Are there any times of the day when it is best to take it (e.g., with
food or between meals)?  Can it be taken once per day or is it better to
space it out?

6. How does its effectivness last over long term use?

7. Are there any vitamins or foods that should or should not be consumed
with it?

8. What benefits have you derived from it?

Thank you for your help,

Phil Sherrod  (phillip.sherrod@nashville.com)