[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Timothy Leary- destroyer of LSD

Bradley B. Woods (bwoods@nntp-server.caltech.edu) wrote:

: Generally, it doesn't seem that a lot of people who get harassed by the
: government commit suicide, even if they get stuck in prison.

I have seen alot of people commit suicide from exactly that--they got
arrested for being into Psychedelics, went to jail--and when they got out
they became opiate addicts or alcoholics or cocaine addicts. Some of
these people are now dead.

It was very obvious that being arrested and imprisoned is what got them
into that kind of thing.

I knew Susan Leary in the 60's. She seemed like a very shy person. I
could see how being arrested would have been an extreme trauma for her.