[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: tea

Dave wrote:

> Hi..
> I'm looking for what herbs people are making tea's from and what (if
> any) theraputic value..  Also interested in blends.

My primary herb blend is Red Raspberry, Red Clover & Nettle.  I started
using it while trying to get pregnant as all three are touted as
fertility enhancing herbs.  They are also considered good during
pregnancy and breastfeeding.  This blend provides a great deal of easily
absorbed calcium and iron which I need right now because I am
breastfeeding.  It is one of my main sources because my son is allergic
to s.t. in cow's milk (i.e. if I drink it, the neighborhood knows about
it!).  I have also used chamomile tea for calming and digestive purposes
and peppermint for any type of stomach upset and as a hangover cure (my
German professor in college taught me this one!).  I also add 1 - 4 bags
of herb tea to black tea when making iced tea.  I have heard that
chamomile tea is good as an insect repellant provided one applies it
frequently.

Kat