[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Allergic to Cats

In article <4q6jch$5s7@newsbf02.news.aol.com> andiasaro@aol.com (Andiasaro) writes:

>I live with someone who is allergic to cats, and we may be moving soon to
>live with my mom---and two cats. Please give me any and all suggestions on
>how he can deal with this. I'd appreciate it if you could send it directly
>to my e-mail.

>Thanks!!!!!

>andi

Andi,

You may want to talk to the vet.  I read a research article about what
actually is causing the allergy from cats.  the researchers concluded that it
was not the dander, but the enzymes from the saliva.  Cats wash themselves by
licking and the saliva contains a protein that causes an immune response.  I
can't remember the name of the product, but it was suppose to be out.  You
spray it on the cats and it degrades the enzyme.  The vet should know it if it
came out to market.

Good luck,

andy