[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

mustard as a fumigant

          Dear Friends,

          I recently attended one of the research stations field days
          on Strawberries.  There seemed to be a great dependence on
          chemical fumigants to control weeds, and kill every other
          living creature.  It was mentioned that there is a variety
          of mustard being used as a fumigant.  I am interested in
          finding out what variety it is.

          It was also suggested that there is a fairly good cropping
          rotation in use in the New York area to control diseases and
          pests.  I would also be interested in this information.

          Thanks in advance.

          Karen Ross
          Extension Assistant/Water Quality
          rossk@ext.missouri.edu