marketing strategies

Would anyone be willing to share with me their innovate strategies for
increasing shareholders? I'm especially interested to hear what people are
doing in terms of share sponsorship, i.e.--business or community groups
who donate shares to low-income families. Has this method been tried out
and has it been successful? How has it been established? Other strategies
which result in increased shareholders, aside from the most common
methods, would be valuable too.
Thanks!

Sharyl McGrew
Research Assistant                       Graduate Student
UC SAREP (916) 752-7541                  Community Development
California Communities Program           UC Davis
Davis, CA 95616                          (916) 753-6109
slmcgrew@ucdavis.edu