int'l CSA brainstorming

Dear Dave and CSA list members:

I'm responding both to Dave's inquiry about int'l CSA development and to
the members apparent interest in this topic. Because my non-profit
organization, MESA, facilitates U.S. agroecological on-the-farm training
programs for young international farmers--and especially because MESA
seeks to a) invite the participation of more developing nations and b)
offer more U.S. internships with CSA operations-- this seems the perfect
forum to suggest pursuing a farmer-to-farmer program between SAAN, MESA
and a few pioneering CSAs here in the U.S. beginning in 1998.

If anyone is interested the best place to start out is MESA's website
(http://www.wenet.net/~mesa/).
Yes, there are Host Farm program fees and the need to provide room &/or
board for international interns, however the program is quite affordable
(vs. minimum wage labor) and will help nurture and support great notions
like Dave's in small scale communities here and abroad.

Thanks all!

Best regards,

Lauren E. Augusta, Executive Director
Multinational Exchange for Sustainable Agriculture (MESA)
5337 College Ave., Ste. 508, Oakland, CA 94618
Tel. 510-654-8858/ Fax. 510-845-0861
http://www.wenet.net/~mesa/