CSA Business Plan

From: gbernstein@mmm.com (Greg Bernstein)
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture
Subject: CSA Business Plan
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 00:48:51 -0500

I am on the planning committee for a CSA in the mid-west.  Two years ago
our farm doubled its membership to 80 shares to allow the farmers to go
from part-time to full-time farming.  Though it was a successfull
transition, we are now in need of a medium-term plan for how to move our
farmers to a more sustainable income.

I have done some small business planning in the past, but I'm not that
familiar with agriculture business planning.  Any insights you have or
resources you know of related to both the process of agricultural business
planning and/or the format of a farm business plan would be much
appreciated.

Thank you!

Greg Bernstein
612-737-5282