No Subject

Dear Douglas,

These are the CSA farms in Oregon.  Good luck.

Elizabeth Keen

US      OR      Natural Harvest Farm    Sue Clark and Will Newman
P.O. Box 1106   Canby   97013        503-266-9682
X       20 Mi S Portland, OR            May-Oct 20

Our shares include berries, herbs, and fruit.  Sharholders come to work at
the farm weekly during the season.  Excess harvest is donated to a local
food bank each week.

US      OR      Nettle Edge Organics    Rachel DeBuse and Keith Walton
1640 Beacon Drive       Eugene  97402           541-689-3672

At Nettle Edge we produce for local eaters including ourselves (and our
goat pals).  The farm's borders are defined by the urban growth boundary;
and we feel intensely the resulting pressures.

US      OR      Muslin Creek Farm       Leslie and Tal Carmi
79296 Repsleger Cottage Grove   97424-0875      YES     503-942-0805

US      OR      Morning Star Farm       Susan Dishaw and David Rosen
5755 N.W. Thatcher Rd.  Forest Grove    97116           503-357-1093

US      OR      Mountain Spring Farms   Judy and Buck Lovett
12584 Hwy 99S   Myrtle Creek    97457           503-863-6799

US      OR      Pumpkin Ridge Gardens   Polly Gottesman and James Just
31067 Pumpkin Ridge Dr. Cornelius       97113           503-647-5023

US      OR      Whistling Duck                  Trail
503-878-4188

US      OR      Wintergreen Farm        J. & W. Via, Mary Jo Wade, J. Gray
89762 Poodle Creek Road Noti    97462           503-935-3615
01-Jan-92       35      290     1
Jun - Oct       76

US      OR      Urban Bounty Farm       Beth Rasgorshek,  Marc
Boucher-Colbert  3206 NE 14th    Portland        97212-2211
503-249-0357            01-Jan-93       60      400     1.5             X
6 Mi SE Portland

Urban Bounty seeks to bridge rural and urban areas; which is why we are
located in the city.  Our land is accessible to all members which helps
reconnect them to the land, growers, and sustainable agriculture.

US      OR      Raindance Garden        Charlotte Kangas
6212 S. Sconce Road     Hubbard 97032   YES     503-651-3501
100     200     2

US      OR      Simpleton Farm  Yuval Sternbert 17136 N.W. Lucy Reeder Rd.
Sauvie Island   97231           503-621-3568            01-Jan-90
50      600     2       NO*

US      OR      Deep Roots Farm Mary and Wes McNamara
32345 N.W. Padgett Rd.  Hillsboro       97124-8334

US      OR      Fields Farms            61915 Pettygrew Road    Bend
97702           503-382-8059

US      OR      Full Circle Community Farm      M. Goldman, K. Jones, J.
Anonia, K. Perle       79296 Repsleger Road    Cottage Grove   97424
541-942-8525                                                   May - Nov

Full Circle Farm is organic and bio-dynamic.  We are currently located at
the Muslin Creek Farm ; but, we hope to move to a site on the urban growth
boundary of Eugene.  We plan to put this land into trust; thereby
preserving it for perpetuity.

US      OR      4 Eagles Garden
P.O. Box 1332   Ashland 97520           503-488-4440

US      OR      Birds & Bees Option     John Martinson Jr. and Bev Koch
20495 S. Geiger Road    Oregon City     97045           503-655-7447

US      OR      CSA     Karyn Kangas
 Box 25  Aurora  97002

US      OR      Home Grown Tomatas      Mary Bushman and John Black
58232 N.W. Strassel Rd. Forest Grove    97116           503-357-1093

US      OR      Horton Road Organics    Debra Martin & Bill Booth
93851 Horton Road       Blachly 97412           541-925-3019
5                                       Jun - Oct

US      OR      Inside Outside Farm     Cynthia and Dan Smith
85261 Marriott Lane     Pleasant Hill   97455           541-726-6527
May-Oct

Inside/Outside Farm is Demeter Certified Bio-dynamic.  The farm's main crop
is 12 varieties of plums.  A garden of ever-expanding raised beds provides
vegetables for the CSA.

US      OR      Gathering Together Farm Sally Brewer and John Eveland
25159 Grange Hall Rd.   Philomath       97370           503-929-4289

US      OR      Grinning Goat Organics  Shannon Schilling
2628 SE 47th Ave.       Portland        97206           503-238-2556
1996                                                            Jun -
Oct
Grinning
Goat's prime location, just outside the western boundary of Portland, makes
for minimum transport time from the fields to your home.  Our vegetables,
herbs, and flowers are all Oregon State Certified Organic.  GGO is
purposely small so that great care can be taken with each plant.

US      OR      Hannavan Creek Farm     Eliza Erskine
89689 Sheftler Road     Elmira  97437           503-935-2322
01-Jan-91                       1.5     NO

>Hello,
>
>I am searching for a CSA for my friends who have a small child, and would
>like to link up with a CSA so they can, one: get great, fresh, seasonal
>fruit, and two: visit the farm occasionally with thier child to help him
>understand where food comes from.
>
>If anyone knows of a Good CSA Near Portland,  please forward me the contact
>information.
>
>I have enjoyed being on this list, eventhough I am not a member of a CSA.
>I have learned a lot, and I feel better about being alive, knowing there
>are so many people out there in the planet doing such good work.
>
>Douglas
>the-wanna-be-farmer
>

>               *---------------------------------*
>                                 Douglas Butdorf
>                                dbutdorf@slip.net
>                    http://www.slip.net/~dbutdorf/
>               *---------------------------------*

Elizabeth Keen
CSA of North America
57 Jug End Road
Great Barrington, MA 01230
(413) 528-4374
csana@bcn.net
http://www.umass.edu/umext/CSA

CSA West/ Community Supported Agriculture
A Program of Community Alliance with Family Farmers (CAFF)
PO Box 363 / Davis, California 95617
916-756-8518 / 916-756-7857 (fax)
csawest@caff.org        http://www.caff.org