Re: new to list

After I read Your Money or Your LIfe, I said, so what are we who are already
streamlined/minimized do now?  Besides the basic decision of renting/owning
(owning is quite preferable if you are growing I figure), we are there and
still there is no college fund and 5 of us live in a 900 square foot house.

We get by with a gross income of about 21,000 (CSA and Farmers' Market) from
the farm and supplement it with night shifts as a nurse as needed during the
winter.  That's how farmers got along in early america - diversification.
They had another trade to help during the cold/dark times.  The only
savings/investment we have had a chance to make is in our land.

I hope our three kids figure out how to pay for their own college.  I worked
all through under grad and graduate school.  We affectionately called it "work
study"- the more your worked, the harder you studied to get through school
faster.

Suzy
Ocean Sky Farm
Bainbridge Island, WA