Disappearing CSA Workshop

To the CSA-L readership:  here's the post I just sent to the folks who were
promoting a CSA workshop in Ithaca and another in California, originally a
two-day romp at $85:

I can't imagine what your motivation was to jump me through this hoop, but
I just got back from the 100-mile round trip to 401 Warren Hall where they
never heard of your workshop or you at the hall or at the Cornell
information desk where all meetings are supposed to be registered.

I don't know if this was a scam from the beginning or just the result of
colossal incompetence but hoo boy am I glad I didn't send you people a
check in advance.

Don't bother me with any empty apologies; if you want me to take an apology
seriously you can accompany it with a $100 check to reimburse me for the
travel expenses and day of overtime wages I lost on this nonsense.

And yes you can bet your bonnet I'm posting a copy of this to CSA-L.

Dori Green:  Writer, Farmer, Facilitator
Ash Grove Community Farm & Center for Sustainable Living
http://www.servtech.com/public/funfarm/index.html

----------
> From: ETrust@aol.com
> To: funfarm@servtech.com
> Subject: CSA workshop
> Date: Friday, January 30, 1998 9:53 AM
>
> Dori,
>
> We received your fax.
>
> The format for the Gaining Ground workshop in Ithaca has changed a
little.
>  It will be a one day event, held on Saturday Feburary 7th from 10:00
a.m.
> until sometime in the evening.  The cost has been lowered to $45 not
> including meals, but we've been telling folks to pay what they can
afford.

> We'll be discussing options for obtaining long-term land security and
> affordable financing.
>
> The meeting will be held on the Cornell University campus in 401 Warren
Hall.