Re: subscribe

>Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 07:30:32 PDT
>
>subscribe csa-L lkindr@hotmail.com

Hi. I previously sent the above subscription request. I hope it was
received. I'm a farmer in the St. Louis area who would like to find
customers for organic and transitional grains, beans and whatever
produce anyone might want to have us grow. We want to start planning for
next year's crops. This year we have 34 acres in organic soybeans
contracted to Clarkson Grain Co of Beardstown, IL. These acres are not
yet certified, but we applied a few months ago and expect to get
certified this summer because this land has been in cow pasture for a
long time and no chemicals have been used on it for at least 5 years or
more. We applied for OCIA certification. We have another 130 acres or
more that is tillable and which is partly transitional to organic. We'd
like to get Japanese or other organic buyers for soybeans, open
pollinated corn, wheat, rye, buckwheat, millet, etc. We also have
organic apple trees. And we plan to grow some herbs that Dr. Richard
Schulze recommends for medical emergencies. He and Dr. Wm. Douglass say
that wheat is not a good grain, unless it is sprouted. It's said to
cause fat and to cause kids' heads to become unnaturally narrow. Rye and
other grains are much better. We can also discuss growing various kinds
of produce organically. I hope to hear from some of your subscribers
whom we may be able to cooperate with. Aloha from Lloyd and Joe [phone
618/883-2225]