UPDATED....Peace and Carrots CSA Homestead Party!!!!!!!!

Peace and Carrots CSA Homestead Party!!!!!!!!

I would like to invite everyone to a long weekend camp-out and potluck
homestead party. This will be September 4,5,6 and 7th, 1998. Come camp in our
fields and woods. There are 2 creeks on the property for cooling off and
playing in. We will give tours of our underground house, solar greenhouse,
root cellar, sweat lodge, CSA farm,etc. If you come here for Thursday night,
there is a potluck and concert by Grant Orenstein at 6:30.

There will be workshops on food drying, sawmill restoration, rope making,
composting for  garden and toilet,  cider pressing, preserving, homeschooling,
organic farming/gardening, chainsaw maintenance, creative conflict resolution,
marketing, problem-solving techniques like brainstorming, active listening,
process charting, needs analysis, business plan development, grant writing,
making ice cream, teas, herbal preparations, origami, scarecrow making,coracle
(boat) building, grape arboring and possibly goats and hoof trimming, etc.

If you would like to volunteer to teach something you know about at a
workshop, let me know what and when. Soap? Livestock? Woodworking? Etc.... Got
any good ideas for what else we should do/offer?

Bring a tent and camping supplies. Expect any sort of weather from hot and
humid to cold. There is a double-seater outhouse in the field for your use.
Solar showers will be available for those not wishing the cold rush of creek
bathing. Bring food to share and some for yourselves.

There will be people here from all over. You can camp here...or stay in
Montpelier if you don't like "roughing it". There is a lake 1 1/2 miles from
here for swimming, fishing and canoeing. We have a canoe and our neighbor
rents them out.  Everything is free, but there will be a donation box to help
pay for garbge removal, etc. There will be a food vendor or two and we will
have potlucks and take turns preparing food. We will have campfires and
potlucks each evening. The pig roast is Saturday.

On Monday,September 7th, one of the workshops will be a sawmill restoration.
About two miles from my house is a water powered sawmill....that's Robinson
Saw Mill at Kent's Corner. Beginning at 9am we will install new pipe in the
penstock. There will be mud. Many hands welcomed :-) This is a historic site
in
Calais,VT

We are located less than an hour from many Vermont tourist attractions...Ben
and Jerry's Ice Cream, Cold Hollow Cider, Green Mountain Chocolates, Cabot
Cheese, the Barre Granite quarries, Brookfield floating bridge, etc.  There
are many mountain biking and hiking trails right from the farm.

To get here, head for Montpelier, VT., then take Rt. 12 north to Worcester.
Turn right on the Calais Rd. Go until the pavement stops...make a right turn
uphill on Collar Hill Rd. We are the second driveway on the right side. Look
for signs and cars.

RSVP to Wendy Martin  PO Box 69  Calais, VT 05648      WSM311@aol.com