Re: Emergencies and Herbs

Dori wrote:
And don't _ever_ "tincture" garlic in olive
>oil.  Unless very special (and usually expensive) processing equipment
is used
>(which incidentally cooks the garlic and destroys most of its
effectiveness),
>there's a huge risk of botulism.  Garlic will almost always keep fresh
until
>the next harvesting season if it's cured and stored properly.  Learn
how to do
>that instead. >Dori Green

Hi Dori. Where did you hear about garlic in oil being a botulism risk? I
heard once that botulism occurs to canned foods that aren't cooked at
high enuf temperature or something like that. Dr. Schulze didn't give
any warnings about botulism that I know of, nor about dangers of
improper herb combining. I'm not inclined to think these dangers are
significant until I hear of details along with some authority, i.e.
experience or knowledge. Can you point me in that direction at all? I
blended ginger with apple cider vinegar and it got a fungal scum on top,
which I pulled off and discarded, and then I put olive oil on the ground
ginger to see if it prevents the scum. Thanks for your reply.