Re: Protecting Your Assets from Legal Attack

http://metalab.unc.edu/london   InterGarden
london@metalab.unc.edu   llondon@bellsouth.net

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Bill Dellinger wrote:

> There seems to be some confusion here as to 'product liability insurance' and
> 'farm liability insurance'. They are distinct. Farm Bureau, and others sell farm
> liability insurance that cover a variety of farm-related liabilities.
>
> Product liability refers generally to a manufactured, assembled, or somehow
> processed item.  Tomatoes, for instance, are not a 'product', tomato ketchup,
> generally, is. Laws may vary from state to state. Contact an attorney, and
> several insurance salesman in your state.

Product liability insurance as offered by Farm Bureau covers farmer
liability regarding his sale of his farm produce whether it is sold on or
off farm. Also covers possible injury to any client when on said farmer's
property. "Product" as in "product liability insurance" refers to _farm
produce_, i.e. tomatoes. It also may cover products other than grass,
grain, bean, seed, plant, live or dried, and other human food possibly
including field/coldframe/greenhouse/cave-grown, dried, dehydrated or
fresh.

Call Farm Bureau for details.