Re: Protecting Your Assets from Legal Attack

http://metalab.unc.edu/london   InterGarden
london@metalab.unc.edu   llondon@bellsouth.net

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999 DGreen47@aol.com wrote:

> Where I live, product liability insurance is a very different animal from
> farm/homeowners protection, and very very expensive whereas the U-pick policy
> covers for the hazards I need to cover and costs only about $80 a year.  And
> yes my company is Farm Family (Farm Bureau).  The difference might be
> regional.

The policy I have with Farm Bureau is is essentially "product liability"
though, now that you mention it, is called something different. It does
give me product liability insurance for my produce sales. It is very
reasonably priced, about $100/year for gross income less than $10000/year;
I imagine the cost would be very reasonable based on greater annual sales.
Many stores won't buy from growers who don't have this type of insurance.

LL