Re: How much member work does your CSA require?

What I proposed to our core group last year, and maybe it might yet be adopted, was a flexible system. With hypothetical numbers, we would ask for:

Reg. members--$250 and 4 hours a season
Nonworking--$250 plus 4x$5=$270
Working--$250 minus however many hours above 4, @ $5/hour
So people could set their own level of time and financial commitment. We talked about a free share for a coordinator, which would be worked into the regular budget. The two biggest labor needs were harvest and distribution, but other things like education, newsletter, etc could also have "paid" volunteers this way.

Jeff Hall, Ames Iowa