Quinoa : information request (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 12:17:49 GMT
From: Jean-Philippe GALLET <iaas@cpe.ipl.fr>
To: london@sunSITE.unc.edu
Subject: Quinoa : information request

Dear Lawrence London,

	We are two French students in agriculture trying to find some informations
about the South American grain Quinoa (Chenopodium Quinoa Willd).  In order
to complete our engineer studies, we have to work out a final thesis that we
would like to dedicate to  the rural development, the food security and all
the themes related to developing countries. We are contacting you today,
because we have seen that you wrote to some newsgroups in order to find some
information about Quinoa, a few months ago... So maybe  you have found  some
data which could help us.

	At present, we are looking for any kind of data, articles, statistics or
studies dealing with Quinoa :
                - its production,
                - processing technologies,
                - nutritional characteristics,
                - potential market...
and especially its uses in medecine, pharmacy and nutrition. It would be
very kind of you if you could find and send us some advices or contacts that
could help us to find some.

Thank you very much in advance.

						Jean-Philippe GALLET
					    	  & Cedric LEGER

Jean-Philippe GALLET
Institut Superieur d'Agriculture Rhone-Alpes (ISARA)
FRANCE

Personal address :
27 c rue de Montribloud,
69009 Lyon - FRANCE