Cars, Dadmned Cars

There is another way for rural folks to get to work, and it goes right
by most rural homes twice a day: under-utilized school buses. There's no
reason adults couldn't be using this established system and if certain
routes have denser ridership, add larger buses.

The idea that work hours have to be different from school hours came
from where? The idea that the kids have to ride these damn things for a
couple of hours twice a day is pretty repugnant, but that's where we
are. The consolidation of schools is the imposition of the factory
system on education, so if we're usinng these transports to send the
kids into the head factories why can't we use the same transports to
send adults to different factories??

Ray Howe
Rochester, MN
rhowe@polaristel.net