Re[2]: Sustainable Vegetable Production Systems (fwd)

Does any one have any information on growing sweet corn with a livign mulch???

Dear Steve:

Use of cover crops and living mulches has been tested in California.  I
know at UC Davis, there are several people working with cover crops,
including living mulches.  I did my B.S. thesis on living mulches of
white and strawberry clover.  A similar M.S. thesis on tomatoes was also
done at the same school.  This is California Polytechnic State
University, San Luis Obispo.  If you are interested I can provide
references for these two studies and a bibliography.

sincerely

Ernesto Mendez
Agroforestry Consultant
CATIE-GTZ Agroforestry Project