Re: Farming

Steve,

I see Richard's argument falling apart on the word "farmer."

A management company located 300-3000 miles away from the land they lease has
no real corporate imperative toward stewardship.  If the economics of farming
no longer work because of soil degredation here, the company will simply do
the same thing to land elsewhere of shift their "core business" from
land-based to service-based (consulting.)

To me, corporate agribusiness is different from farming.  When  the ability
to personally look into all corners of your land on a daily basis is gone, so
is stewardship.

Marcie