Re: Reply from an Alaskan on global warming!

Remember that global warming is for the mean temperature of the globe-
Hence, the temperature profiles might change:
higher contraste, some places get warmer, some get colder,
more instability is an expectable result,
so more snow is not necessaraly related to cold, because it means more humidity,
that can be a result of a higher temperature

you can check:
http://www.enn.com/indepth/warming/index.asp
http://www.unfccc.int/

13.11.2001 11:45:39, Michael Dean <mikedean.com@altavista.com> a écrit:

>Hi Mike
>Sent your message on to Jim in Alaska - this is his reply.
>
>Joan
>-----
>Joan,
>no not true. The only thing that is happening is the fish resources are dwindling, but that is happening all over the world due to over fishing by the Japanese, and a couple of other nations.
>One of the things that is taken very seriously is conservation here. You might be surprised that the number one conservationist is the oil companies. All of their vehicles carry a plastic pan to put under the engine so that
won't even put a drop of oil on the tundra.