Re: David Holmgren's views Permaculture trademark alert

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:28:48 +1200, "Rex Teague"
<DibbleGardens@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>There has been tremendous consternation in North American BD
>circles about the registration (trademarking?) of the word
>'Biodynamic'. It maybe informative to peruse the heated discussion

on the part of Anne Mendenhall and Demeter Associates - Hugh Lovell
and many others are fighting that tooth and nail; I think they stand
to lose a great deal if Biodynamic gets trademarked and could probably
use help funding their battle of they end up going to court. I wonder
if permaculture people and biodynamic people could team up in any way
to fight these trademarking attempts?

>on the BDNow List, archived at http://csf.colorado.edu/archive
>and/or contacting some of the leading lights there.
>
>To see a parallel performance since joining this List recently is
>disconcerting and I'm trying to distill a pattern. History does repeat,
>Nero fiddled whilst Rome burnt... apparently!
>
>HTH... Rex

LL

L.F.London ICQ#27930345 lflondon@mindspring.com
www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech  london@ibiblio.org